Mine, To Wonder Or Yours To Ponder (part1)


Ever since blogging became the trend, I just couldn't help being more observant and more conscious of my environment. I am very much fascinated at the changing world and our attitude towards it for better or for worse.

I was just taking a drive across my hometown the other day and I noticed something interesting when it suddenly began to rain. Initially the rain started slowly and there was nothing really dramatic about it at first but few minutes later when there was traffic hold up, I just couldn't help looking out through the window in amazement.

As soon as the rain began to pour heavily, some residents of this locality were out of their houses and  were making frantic efforts at filling up with garbage, the drainage (gutters) that ran across their streets. While some of them were busy emptying their household rubbish into the public drains (gutters), others were busy at whatever they had been doing and took no notice, apparently turning a blind eye to all these razzmatazz. 




A littered up gutter/drainage

While all these had been going on, I just watched in amazement and wondered if all these were due either to their ignorance of the consequences or sheer wickedness.

Later in the evening I switched on the Television to watch the evening news and holy shit, and lo! Disaster was making the headlines. In other parts of town, erosion was causing great havoc and destruction just in the middle of the heavy downpour. People's houses were flooded and their properties destroyed within split seconds. Blocks of fences were pulled over and people's houses were flooded like abandoned swimming pools! There were reports of deaths in some areas across the state as a result of the flooding after the rains.

I just shook my head in disbelief and wonder at the bizarre nature of human attitude, wickedness or maybe ignorance.