Random Walk (Ikpokpan Road, GRA, Benin City) 2009


Once upon a morning side walk. ;-)A hit and run accident scene. I was taking a morning walk and keeping fit, around 6:00AM one morning, when I came across this accident scene and interestingly I had my mobile phone with me.
A reckless driver had hit a motorbike rider and ran away! Sympathizers and passers-by trying to revive and offer assistance to the accident victim. Sorry, I couldn't tell which of them was more reckless. Accidents like these, could make motorbikes considered to be banned in the city and major highways.


.








Thanks to the introduction of private telecommunications companies in the year 2001. Some people can now eke out a living to survive.



people are becoming self employed to make a living.



Most people..even school graduates had taken to commercial bike riding to survive the harsh economic environment.


Most people can not get jobs..and this sort of private business is commom among women, especially full-time housewives



Ikpokpan junction, boundary road










Most people can not get jobs..and this sort of private business is sometimes, common among women, especially full-time housewives





Ebenezer school road, off Ikpokpan street and boundary road







Litter used to be a big problem in the city, where any abandoned plot of land would be illegally converted to refuse dump. This creates problems for the owner of the plot.


Note: A couple of years from now, I hope to revisit this landscapes and roads and explore again to compare how much it has changed since I last visited.