Only Like Yesterday.

Only like yesterday


Your absence seems only like yesterdayThough it's many days gone-byYour presence is felt around meThough you are gone for all eternity!


Your kindness shines in meThough you can not give me back what is goneYour gentleness glorifies my dayThough you were as tough in character and personality


Your inspiration drives me to achieveThough you were as lucky as luck can beYour companionship feels like a crowdThough it was just you and me


Your behavior annoys me sometimesThough I always look forward to seeing you each dayYou never gave me muchThough you gave me all I could ever need
You lived with us for a long time
Though you left us all too soonYou belong to a better place nowThough we had our own home made for you


We loved you so much!Though God loved you even more!!We wished to keep you foreverThough heaven's voice was stronger than oursYou answered heaven's callThough you left us without saying goodbye


May your blessed memoryGive us the companionship and love we missDry our tears and replace it with smiles
(Composed and written in loving memory of My late GrandMother,
Madam Comfort Osuri Okpame, who passed away on 25th of March 2007.)Adieu mamma!