Life Can Be So Pathetic


I can never forget the pathetic sight I saw today(21-5-2010) as I was going to catch a bus to school. 

I saw an old woman, may be up to 60 years or more and could well pass for a grandma with hair all grey and white with age. 

At this great old age, she has to hawk sachet water to make ends meet and probably to make a living also?

 In some countries I imagined, she would be treated as a senior citizen and be given some benefits due to her age. But not in this part of the world, people are too self centered to care and notice such pathetic situation. 

The government is gross...and would rather not talk about the welfare of its' citizens but billions of currency would be voted by those in parliament and for those in parliament to make foreign and pleasure trips around the world at their own convenience. 

But not a penny would be voted for the welfare of the citizens at the low end of the social ladder. 

Comments